Thursday, February 13, 2014

Webcomic Club: New Power, Creepy Cafe, Making Webcomics, and Actually Reading Webcomics

Gooood morning Webcomic Club! (Or afternoon, depends when are you reading this.) I have a few announcements for you guys that I know for sure you'll be interested in.

New Power:

That's right guys, as of last week, I, Mabel Escobar, has taken over Webcomic Club in a peaceful coup d'etat. Chloekins will still be president and Saffron is still vice president, but it's just a puppet government where the true leader is me. You will listen to everything Chloe tells you (or Saff), but all higher up decisions will ultimately be from me. Don't worry though, I won't turn into Stalin. I just think it's high time the kohai of Anime Club had a few changes.

Creepy Cafe:

Webcomic club will be hosting a creepy cafe (with zombie/monster maids!) sometime mid-April. This will be one month after Anime Club's fundraiser. This cafe is not connected with the school, and will be hosted in an outside location (tentatively the gallery(?) of Chloe's father). We need people to be maids/butlers, chefs/patisseries, and artists to create and sell creepy artwork. We already have the creepy art book that we will be selling, but sculptures and craft items should also be considered in our inventory to sell.

Making Webcomics:

Yup, we'll be making webcomics from now on. I am hoping that with the combined talent with everyone, we can create a mini webcomic that we will eventually publish and create in a physical and digital format. So come to club with good ideas and characters! I have several ideas we can work out, but I want to give creative freedom to everyone.

Reading Webcomics:

That's right guys. From now on, we'll actually be reading webcomics. Huzzah! They'll be on a PowerPoint/slideshow and will be shown in rotation. That is to say on one week we read Webcomic A, next week we read Webcomic B, third week we read Webcomic C, and the fourth week we go back to Webcomic A. If you would like to read a specific webcomic, tell me, Chloe, or Saff, and we'll try to bring it in.

Have a good week Webcomic Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment