Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Depression Cure: My Heart

(That awkward moment where you get your heartbroken so you write shitty poetry to help yourself get over it.)
My Heart

Every second that ticks by
I am saddened by you.
My heart is aching,
But I can’t deny
The fact that this
Blade that you so
Easily slipped into my heart,
Hurts more.

My calloused heart,
Hardened by the years,
Was softened by your gaze.
Just so the dagger can slip in better.

There was a time I was happy with you.
But like all good things,
It must come to an end.

Farewell dear heart!

I see you have taken it,
And replaced it with a void,
That is ever hungry.

My pride is shattered,
My persona in pieces,
My mind cracked.
Only you can mend it,
But you tauntingly held
The cure out of my reach,
And set it right next to my heart.

For years I prided in myself
That no one knew the real me,
And thus could not hurt me.

But you broke that,
With a single gaze,
With a single smile.

The hole is burning.

I HAVE NO HEART!

Give it back!
Give it back!!
GIVE IT BACK!!!

But you smiled in that way of yours;
And there’s a small chord,
Connecting my heart
That you now hold,
And the vast emptiness where it once stood.

You squeeze my heat
And I scream in pain.
OH GOD THE PAIN!

So fresh and new,
It’s a wakeup call,
And now I know what I must do.

I yank the blade,
That you so conceitedly left by my side,
And I cut the cord.

I only wished I could see the expression on your face before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment